Wednesday 18 December 2013

TGWTGN Festive Edit Part 2: Spiced Coco, Coffee and Biscuits...

In winter it's taken for granted that there will be spice. I don't mean people eat more curries, though they might, but rather that restaurants and cafes will offer something a little different to the usual fare. Mulled wine, eggnog latte, spiced cocoa etc. I've recently discovered a delightful spiced apple drink at one of the chain coffee stores - yum! There's something warming and relaxing about the spices in a hot drink. So in today's festive edit I have a warm, relaxing manicure to share.



I love Darling Diva Polishes. Since I had my first custom made, I've been a little partial. It's a shame that USPS international shipping has gone up so much, otherwise I'm sure my stash would be bigger! I received Spiced Coco in a 5 for 25 deal, so 5 polishes for $25, which is a great deal. It's been lying untried until now when I chose it because of the appropriate name ;)




It's pretty sheer, so I knew I wanted to layer it, and after a little deliberation I chose Orly Golden Maharaja. I had forgotten how much I love this Orly! Flawless formula and application and colour... What's not to love?! I have to say it looked totally different to how I thought it might over it, so I hope at some point to try layering it over some other colours.


I used A-England The Knight base coat, two coats of Golden Maharaja and one coat of  Darling Diva Polish Spiced Coco. I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite. I'm glad you can see the blue shimmer on the nail! It seems to shift blue to purple, which is interesting considering the base looks brown! I do love the effect.


Darling Diva Polish is available direct on Etsy and Bigcartel, and also from Mei Mei's Signatures and Llarowe. I'm afraid this Orly is no longer available though :(


What do you like to drink in the cold winter days? What do you think of this combination of a Golden Maharaja with a Spiced Coco?
x

2 comments:

  1. > I don't mean people eat more curries, though they might
    HAHAHAHA this really made me laugh but yes it's true girl!! :D I love this first chunk of sentence; and also your mani as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say?! :p Aww, thanks so much Chiro!! <3

    ReplyDelete