Tuesday 27 December 2011

Petrol In Water Setting My Fingertips Alight...

With colour! As promised earlier, here are some swatches of the delightful Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique Trio in the shade Petrol in Water. Now this is the shade I originally stumbled across on a blog, and went on the hunt for in Superdrug stores near and far. Eventually I ordered online when it finally came back into stock.


This polish is a double ended bottle as you can see. The guides on the packaging for this polish do suggest layering the lighter colour over the darker, and I agree that this is the best way to get a great effect. I applied two thin coats of the dark shade first. I've worn this alone as I think in itself it is also a lovely colour.

With Flash
Without Flash (in artificial light)

Once you apply the white shimmery polish on top though, the results just blow your mind. The effect is shimmery blue/turquoise from one angle, and shimmery purple from another.


I really love this colour, I know I say this about a lot of colours, but that's probably because I just don't purchase colours that don't appeal to me!! However I do find that the photographs I take of this particular polish, at lots of different angles, just don't do it enough justice. It is what I personally would call duochrome or two-tone, and it is simply beautiful.

AFNB Trios are available in store at Superdrug or online at superdrug.com.
The retail price is £7.99.
What do you think of the effect, or the darker colour alone?
x

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that is pretty!!! I love duochromes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i love this thing, two shades in the same nail polish! how wonderful:) both are nice shades too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful definitely! I have another one to share soon :) x

    ReplyDelete